AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hagie 1989 8250 Sprayer Buying Advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 6/19/2006 09:34 (#20544 - in reply to #20423)
Subject: Re: Hagie 1989 8250 Sprayer Buying Advice

8250 is a pretty nice machine, but make sure you take a gas can along with you as the 318 will burn plenty of fuel. Since there is no suspension to speak of (rocking bolster on the front axle) the boom takes a beating in rough conditions, so look for cracks before heading to the field. If it's a 2wd you may have problems with the front hubs unless they were updated to heavier hubs (many were, mine were not, but it wasn't a bad job). I had an 8240 which only held 400 gallons and may have been different in other ways from the 8250, but it didn't seem like the hydraulically driven spray pump had a lot of capacity - the hagie folks told me it was designed to spray 15gpa at 8mph (much slower than the 220 coupe it replaced). The only other thing is keeping the hyrdo cable away from heat (it runs near the exhaust manifold). I second the idea talking to the hagie folks, they are more than helpful and will give you straight answers about all their products. I still wish I would have bought a 280 for $15K when I had the chance 8 years ago - I'd probably still be using it.

Hope this helps, Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)