AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are your kids safe?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

danwarner
Posted 12/16/2012 13:54 (#2755579 - in reply to #2755500)
Subject: Re: Are your kids safe?

MN
Good questions Tom, my daughter is not in school yet and not old enough to know what is going on. However in this difficult situation, yes I would be confident in their safety. Why? I have to be, we can not live our lives looking over our shoulders, paranoid that someone will shoot us, that is not a quality life. I don't know the intricate details of the schools plans, my good friend is a K teacher and my mother is a frequent substitute so I know that there is a plan and they have drills just like for fires and tornadoes when I was a student. Are the board members informed/proactive? I think they are doing what they can, that is what we elect them to do. Would I contact them or the admins? no, I am sure others would/have already, but they know their jobs, they know what is going on, and they certainly are aware of the recent tragic events. I am sure things like this and preparing for things like this make their responsibility heavier and heavier. What else can be done? PARENT my kids, raise them to know the difference between right and wrong as well as how to treat others no matter how different we are. Unfortunately this is now the responsibility of the school and the teachers as well(as seen by too many child producers-not parents) Perhaps birth control/population control is the real issue, I won't start on that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)