AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2013 corn acres may go way way up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 12/6/2012 07:53 (#2735797 - in reply to #2735409)
Subject: RE: 2013 corn acres may go way way up

North Central Illinois
Good points Sheepherder. I have been having the same thougths but I must admit there has been an extraordinary amount of NH3 put on around here this fall. We are in an area that has been real heavy corn on corn for quite some time so it is a little hard to get a handle on whether or not there is much more than last year. Unless we get a lot of moisture between now and spring raising a corn crop is going to be a real challenge. Nothing timely rains all summer wouldn't cure but that seems a lot to hope for! Beans are definitely a more drought friendly crop mainly because they can still produce a good crop if you get those mid to late August rains. We really kind of pulled out all of the stops to get the 96 or 97 million acres of corn planted last spring. Weather cooperated like never before and everything else fell into place. I have a hard time believing that we can get everything to click and plant more than that this year. I'm not even sure we have enough seed to plant 98 million acres but probably so. Of course we could plant 94 million acres and have record yields and a huge crop. Who knows what will happen?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)