AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case ih viper pro OR afs pro 700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 12/3/2012 20:00 (#2731209 - in reply to #2731108)
Subject: RE: differences

roaming
JHEnt - 12/3/2012 18:20
Setting up a field to be sprayed is a bit more complex with the Pro700. The Viper allows you to store all of the same field and product data but does not require filling it out to spray and map.

So let's say I have all my field names and products created in the Viper Pro. When I pull into a field, what do I need to do to tell the Viper Pro what product I'm applying, so it knows what rate to use and what product to record? I assume I have to select the field, and then create a new Job, and then what?

JHEnt - 12/3/2012 18:20
The Viper is a simple "start new job" type system with a "close job" when done. The Pro700 requires setting disciptions of the operation and setting a new "operation instance" or else it will not let you spray the field a second time

So when you pull into a field to spray it the second time, with a Viper Pro, you start a new job? How is this any different than starting a new Operation Instance in the Pro 700? Just 2 different approaches to exactly the same end result. I'd even be willing to bet that it takes almost exactly the same number of screen touches to start a new Job and to create a new Operation Instance.

Once a job is closed in a Viper Pro, can it be reopened?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)