AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trying to buy on ebay
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

unifarmor
Posted 11/29/2012 14:38 (#2723544 - in reply to #2723221)
Subject: Re: Trying to buy on ebay

Western Oregon
For what this is worth...
I looked for a year for a engine powered welder on craigslist. I found one that a neighbor had listed and ended up buying that one in the end. But in the process I met some very entertaining people.
When buying on craigslist you have to remember that the person who listed will probably get tons of spam emails.
I've found that to get any good information you really have to call them in person. If they can't answer questions on the phone then go look at it, but there is probably a reason, like it was stolen or "borrowed." Or it is broken in some way.
To get an email response try to avoid saying "do you still have this item," and not being specific in what you are asking about.
Instead put the item in the subject of the email and write something like, I'm am interested in the welder you have had listed on the Two Egg craigslist. Here is my phone number. Can you answer a few questions by email?
You may very well have done this but I'm just saying when I have advertized I've got a lot of people emailing me, "do you still have this item" and not being specific or providing contact information and it is always a scam to get your real email address.
I had a disk mower on craigslist for four months last year and got all sorts of weirdos and just plain clueless people. Like, wondering if you could pull a Hesston 1340 with an 8N Ford... Or asking me if I wanted to invest in business in Nigeria.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)