AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kaufman Trailers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nsfarm
Posted 11/27/2012 10:35 (#2719380 - in reply to #2718902)
Subject: Re: Kaufman Trailers

Manitoba, Canada
I was in the same boat as you pharmer. I watched ritchie sales for months looking to get a used one but at the time you would have to pay at least 40 grand to get something that wasnt falling apart and rusting through. I also stumbled accross their website and called them. I ended up buying a 50T triaxle with air suspension and lift axles for about $45. Seemed a bit too good to be true for a non ground bearing hydraulic detatch, but it has been a great trailer. I dont know that I would buy one if I was hauling D8's around every day, but for farm use I think its great value, it will last me my lifetime on the farm.

I could have got a 10 year old Fontaine or Talbert for about the same money at the time but the good part about the new one is you have new tires, airbags, brakes, ect... and when you hook onto it you know the lights all work.

Kaufman's paint is pretty cheap, at the front where my drivers throw gravel and stones at the trailer the paint was blasted right away, and grousers go hard on the metal frame rail paint, but other than that it is fine. Like I say if you were a commercial hauler, pulling in salt every day would be a different story.

The process of hooking and unhooking the front is simple and fast and because its non ground bearing you can drop it anywhere you can drive the truck. They didnt cheap out on their steel and engineering. They use T1 steel for the frame rails which is pretty competitive with any other of the top brands out there.

email is in my profile.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)