AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ohio State versus Michigan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 11/24/2012 13:02 (#2714229 - in reply to #2714189)
Subject: Re: Ohio State versus Michigan

northeastern Ohio
Good post Gordon. My feelings are similar to yours. I graduated from OSU 20 years ago and had season tickets to the football games my freshman year. I liked to watch football, but preferred to watch it from the comfort of indoors. I have only watched a few games on TV since then and really have little interest in the outcome. My brother also went to OSU and attends several games in Columbus each year with his wife. They are both much bigger fans than I ever was or will be.

I've only been in Michigan a few times, but never felt any animosity from anyone I encountered there. Sorry that you felt the cold shoulder when you were in Ohio, it should not be that way.

I visit Pennsylvania more often than any other state and I am guilty of filling up my fuel tank before entering PA. But I don't do it for spite or with any ill will towards the Nittany Lions. I do it simply because fuel is cheaper in Ohio. If it was cheaper in PA, I would buy before coming back to Ohio.

Back to the subject. Yes, I do think some people are extreme in their actions, but try not to judge. I think the emotion they feel during a game is addictive. Much like drinking too much or eating too much. Our brains are wired in such a way that endorphin's are released by certain stimuli. The endorphin acts as a stress reliever or pain reliever and therefore satisfies some need that our body has. But I am not a psychiatrist or a doctor, so I am way out of my area of expertise.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)