AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John deere high speed anhydrous bar vs. conventional anhydrous bar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 11/23/2012 06:44 (#2711936 - in reply to #2711681)
Subject: RE: John deere high speed anhydrous bar vs. conventional anhydrous bar

Chebanse, IL.....

2012 completed our 3rd full season of sidedressing w/our 2510H. We have owned a Blu-Jet & DMI (both mounted) bars in the past. They were both new, not beat up. We won't be going back to a conventional bar. There are a few JD bars in our area. They seem to have satisfied owners. Sealing has not been an issue for us, ever. However, we are 100% conventional tillage. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. We pull single 1425 gal tanks. We don't do any fall NH3, just a little pre-plant in spring & then sidedress. We have run the "skis" to keep the dirt from plowing up on the small corn. We start sidedressing when corn is 2-3" tall. JD did updates to the bar in 2012. Hitch reinforcement & weight bracket alterations. Otherwise, we've had no problems. We did go to the ANH3 system in 2012. It worked great, but that's a whole 'nuther subject area. It is not necessary to make a 2510H work, but I'm sure we'll continue to own the ANH3 system in the future also.

I understand from another poster on here that we don't run our bar fast enough. That could be, but we own it & we'll continue to run it the way that makes sense to us. I doubt that you'll see us set speed records w/any of our equipment....but it's ours. Anyway, we run just a little over 8 mph w/the bar, all the time. It works fine for us that way. I realize that others here can & do run that fast w/conventional knife bar units. That's fine, but we were usually limited to about 6.5 mph w/our DMI bar & mole knives.

I have no qualms about recommending the 2510H bar.

EDIT (added later): I have one complaint. Looking @ my photos I note where we bolted on a large piece of aluminum c-iron to the bottom of the jack stand. There isn't enough surface area on the jack to support the hitch (ours is pull type) in grass areas. Also, the jack is undersizedd (= takes too much effort...like a LOT!) in my opinion, but I feel that about a lot of implements. That could possibly be a "here" thing, but judging from the comments of the JD delivery truck guy, it's not just "here".

For comparisons, here's a YouTube of sidedressing w/our DMI bar back in 2004:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy9InzF8tiQ

Still photos below are from 2012 season.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)