AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

drying beans in truck.....is it possible
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

benc
Posted 11/17/2012 19:16 (#2702639 - in reply to #2702564)
Subject: Re: drying beans in truck.....is it possible

SE Michigan
I save wheat for seed in a gravity box and when I put the wheat in the gravity box from the combine I but in an aeration tube much like the screw in you mentioned, but with out the screw in feature. the fan fits on an 8 inch furnace tube which is the same size as the screen at the bottom of the box. I think 1/12 or less HP. I run this 24/7 till I get the wheat cleaned or until I am real sure it is dried to a safe moisture. I have put 18 or 19 percent wheat in and it drys down. Oh BTW my fan is mounted so it suck up through the tube and the air is drawn down through the load of wheat.

Now we are talking about a different crop and a difference in weather. So if you do something like this I would monitor it regularly, which I also do with wheat. I have a grain prob with a thermometer and I check it every day for at least a week or until it is cooling good then it is at least every few days. One of the best things you can do if it starts to get warm is to transfer it to another truck, the transferring will do a nice cooling job on the crop.

Edited by benc 11/17/2012 19:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)