AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yield files
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/19/2012 07:51 (#2705533 - in reply to #2702048)
Subject: Re: Yield files

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with the above two posts.

The .pfc files are coverage files and are only used by the Advantage itself and not PC software. They are really a simple file that just takes a "snapshot" of the onscreen coverage map so that is can be reproduced on the Advantage at a later time. These .pfc files do not contain any yield data. The .pfc files are used for other operations such as spraying so the operator is easily reminded which parts of the field have been sprayed.

The YM2000, PF3000, PF3000 Pro and your Advantage all create the .yld files which in the case of harvesting contain a field summary (first 128K) and the point by point data that was collected during harvest that session.

Each .yld file will be at least 128K and grow as necessary depending on how many data points are collected. A new .yld file is created each new session and the first 128K contain the summary for your entire harvest situation at that point in time. After that the point by point data is saved for that sessions harvesting. If the file size is 128K, this means that the display was turned on that day but no harvesting was done.

Let's say you harvested a fairly large field over several days. The first .yld file contains the summary that was accurate at the end of that session and the point by point data for that session. The next session the Summary starts out with the information from the previous session and the new point by point data is recorded. At the end of that session the Summary is updated since the totals will have changed. This process is repeated throughout the harvest season.

When you process these .yld files, SMS uses the newest summary and combines all the point by point data from the various sessions to create the complete yield map for a field which may have come from several .yld files.

Edited by tedbear 11/19/2012 07:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)