AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best tile-plow tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

gpsdude
Posted 11/11/2012 10:45 (#2690567 - in reply to #2690340)
Subject: Re: Best tile-plow tractor

NE South Dakota Clark, SD
Here is my 2c. I believe under most conditions an MT8xx is the best puller for a tile plow. The can go really slow when you want to. The 865's have awesome torque. I have been running them in 3rd gear at idle. And with a pull type plow, you can use the hydraulic drawbar to steer the tractor as long as you do not have to turn too sharp. The only case I do not like them is when there is enough frost that the lugs won't pentrate. Any rubber tracks are not ideal in this situation. I do like JD 9xx0 also, but they have the issue that greygoose alluded to. That is spinning dual hubs. It seems to be more of a problem with 800 metrics when pulling deep. Especially with bigger pipe. With any puller, you do want to make sure the hydraulics have at least 2700 PSI. A lot of the old 4wd had 2200 to 2500 PSI. Check them at pulling speed. If you are going to run at idle, you will have less than rated. An addon gas or diesel hydraulic power unit can fix that problem, but them you are looking at another 5-7k for Honda and much more for a diesel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)