AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Direct Command from Insight to Integra...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/9/2012 07:58 (#2687275 - in reply to #2686658)
Subject: RE: Direct Command from Insight to Integra...

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
First off, If you had replaced the Insight with the Integra everything as far as the Direct Command portion should have worked fine with the "old" cables (display and Raven adapter).

Quite possibly you have gone to the "new" display cable to use some of the extra features of the Integra such as steering. If you don't need these extra features your "old" display harness should work correctly.

If you do need the extra features such as steering then you will need the new display harness which can complicate things. I would agree with TS79's suggestions. You will need the various CAN tee's to make a physical connection to both modules, the display harness and a quite possibly a single terminator.

Generally a total of two terminators are needed in a system located at the "far" ends of the chain of CAN connectors. One of these is built into the display harness and I have found that it is not always necessary to have a second "loose" one.

I'm thinking that you may need one of these "loose" terminators in the mix. Since you state that the modules are displaying Amber, this tells me that they are physically connected to the display cable as this is the only source of power for the CAN circuits in the modules. The fact that they are NOT blinking green means that communication is not taking place. This might be due to a missing terminator.

Be aware that there are both terminators and dust plugs. They will look the same but a terminator will have two pins in it that are connected by a reistor under the soft plastic plug. A dust plug is just that and does not have any pins in the plug.

The Liquid module will also need high current power which is the gray two pole Deutsch connector. This should still be fine as it can still get this from the Raven adapter cable as before.

Edited by tedbear 11/9/2012 08:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)