AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble / ag leader divorce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 11/8/2012 18:03 (#2686199 - in reply to #2686092)
Subject: RE: Trimble / ag leader divorce

East Central Ia
hobby95 - 11/8/2012 14:53

What was the reasons for the end of the working relationship between Trimble and ag leader? I think Trimble has an edge in steering and ag leader is way ahead in product control. Think the old auto guide system with the insite was the real deal!!! Wish I could do that with the interga!

Couldn't agree more. There are a lot of people out there who this really screwed with!

Hopefully the Geo Steer is a good steering product... I am installing one as we speak.

I heard it had to do with the yield monitoring. The owner of AL is Al Myers and he did not want to get in bed with another company as much as Trimble wanted. He felt it would tie his hands to much. He is also still very much involved in a hands on aspect in the yield monitoring portion of the company. When Trimble wanted to get all the detailed information on how they process the data I think it was like asking Al for his first born child. He just couldnt do it.

At least is the broadstrokes I have picked up from asking anyone I thought I could complain to about it! lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)