AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto steer on Challenger MT 765 tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Busted Knuckles
Posted 11/9/2012 08:32 (#2687351 - in reply to #2687061)
Subject: Re: Auto steer on Challenger MT 765 tractor

Southeast Minnesota

First off- this is my first experience with auto steer.

Installation went easy.  I previously had an Integra mounted in the cab so I did not need to do that part.  Just had to mount the GCU and different antenna.  Route wires different and figure out where I stuffed the extra wires when I did the Integra install.

I drilled a hole through the floor at the base of the side modules panel next to the edge of the floor mat.  This helped for cable routing.

I don't have much to compare it to and I only had straight plowing to finish up after the install.  All contours were plowed already.  I tweaked a couple settings and it seems to aquire and hold the line just fine.  Only running on WAAS so there is that inherent lack of precision involved pass to pass (I would say 6 inches within 10 min most of the time).  We will have to do a little more tweaking next spring with NH3 when I can get a lot better picture of how it is running.

No wheel sensor - CAN bus install.  The only communication with the tractor is through a single 4 pin connector and wire harness.

Doing some reading - it looks like the setup screen is like Paradyme.  I read Ag Leader's paradyme info to better understand how to tune the Geosteer.

One thing - when I aquire a line at an angle over maybe 5 degrees, the tractor steers over the line and then back over the other way.  Seems more than needed.  Paradyme manual shows this but it still seems a little excessive.  I would guess some more tuning is needed.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)