AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

east or west home is best ! back from road trip.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

pegleg pete
Posted 10/28/2012 15:48 (#2665561)
Subject: east or west home is best ! back from road trip.

thorp wi.

wife an I just came home from ur first real vacation / honeymoon  after 20 yrs ! app. 3000 miles  7 days  ouch my rearend !  in SD toured badlands ,mt rushmore . on to WY yellowstone national park ,enterd east entrence  out south end thru grand tetons , on to NE  toured caseih/new holland combine plant in grand island , on to iowa tracked down NAT hero gavo in person ,on to my brother in north eastern iowa, made home at 12:30 this morn. now for highlites of trip . talk about SENERY OVERLOAD !! now i no were all the black beef cow r at ! out west ! saw all that wide open range country for miles on end ,true ranching at its best ! got into yellowstone rite behind snowstorm , was very senic. met up with grizly bear ambling down the road ! got vid clip of him stroling rite by ur car ! saw som other wildlife but not real close . watched old faithful go off . now for combines galore ! plant tour was impressive ! they make 27 combines a day ! even my wife,not a machinery type person , was very patient an interested ! funny how they make the NH machines on the same line inter mixed with CIH machines . find garvo cleaning steer barns an hauling manure . meeting gary an adam in person was fun .got short vid clip of steers running into cleaned pen an destroying the bedding bales ! neat .gary showed the steer barns an the very neat working barn !!one thing stood out , this man knows concrete! to h_ _ l with mud  we got concrete !!  after much talking in many directions gary offers me boots to help work !  i took the hint an left   ahh jus kidding  i wanted to look in to adams shop but had already spent to much of there time .talked with many other farmers an the genaral attitude was concern over high operating costs and slim profit margins . seems ag related ocupation is the same no matter how far away you go .  so long fellow farmers an ranchers , hang in there  its a great way of life and MONEY  ISNT EVERYTHING !!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)