AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Here we go again, Direct & CC paymnets again.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 10/21/2012 17:15 (#2653241 - in reply to #2653069)
Subject: RE: Here we go again, Direct & CC paymnets again.

West Tennessee
So go to the local car dealership and buy a new truck (or combine, or tractor, or backhoe, sofa, appliances, or..........you get the idea). The manufacturer and all of it's dealers and employees and so forth will be very appreciative.

$55 billion spent on earned income credit in 2009. This does NOT include child tax credit or additional child tax credit or any other............"tax" programs or food stamps ,WIC, etc. If you go to cutting these previous programs, the industries like furniture makers, auto makers, car dealers, grocery stores etc. etc. will squeal like a pig under a gate and their lobbyists will be camped out in every congressional office.

About $5 billion annually spent on direct payments (averaged from 2003 to 2011) as best as I can come up with.

I'm not saying either program is right or wrong, but a person should have some perspective. All this cut in one place thing seems a bit......."lopsided" to me. Flame away please and the thread probably now needs to be sent to the boiler room. "Deserving it or not" is entirely about perspective and almost nothing else IMO.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)