AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

usafarmer-? snap beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

usafarmer
Posted 6/16/2006 10:48 (#19862 - in reply to #19605)
Subject: RE: usafarmer-? snap beans

Newfane NY
Now let me say that I am not an old bean grower. This is our 4th year doing this. I went to the 2 best growers in our area and asked them how to grow good beans. I am doing what they told me to do with a little change due to the way our farm is set up. Plow, the sooner the better. Disk with a crumbler behind disk. Field cultivate with a crumbler or packer depending on moisture. spray herbicide them field cultivate with packer once or twice depending on the lumps. Plant into moisture whereever the moisture layer is.......this makes me nervous as all planting does because I only get one chance to do it rite..... As the planting season for beans goes to Aug 1st any land that has weeds started I spray with roundup and that seems to give me better weed control when I plant. There is one man on here that plants for the same co-op {I think} that does them no-till. He seems to do it correct also. {As Hay Wilson says...there is no truths in agriculture} I may do it all wrong but it gets us the yield we need. John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)