AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone own a Brillion Shredder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JDH SE IA
Posted 6/15/2006 04:47 (#19591 - in reply to #19575)
Subject: RE: Anyone own a Brillion Shredder

Burlington, IA
Art,

Brillion has made flail shredders for years. My late Dad had one, a 15 foot, that he bought new in '67 or '68, and used up until his passing in 1975. I put my fair share of hours in running it for him, too. They are a heavy, well built machine, one of the best out there. Ours had the reversible, L shaped knives on a D ring, and would just pulverize corn stalks. It also had 4 wheels (optional) on the back, which helps stability immensely, as opposed to 2. The secret to the bearings is strong maintenance. Dad (or I) always greased the center bearings every 1/2 a day, and the outer bearings at least once a day, if not twice. We never, ever, had a bearing failure, and that shredder went over a lot of stalks. If you follow that kind of a schedule with a grease gun, you should have little problem. Once the bearings are fixed, I sure wouldn't be afraid of it, assuming nothing else major is wrong. Even now, if I were in need of a shredder, a Brillion would be the first thing I would be looking at, and I'm pretty sure they still make them. Hope this helps.

Good luck,
JDH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)