AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Results of the deer shooting last week
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dingeryote
Posted 10/8/2012 03:19 (#2629580 - in reply to #2628632)
Subject: Re: Results of the deer shooting last week

Michigan.
I dunno about the C.O. Bieng a grawlix.
Witnesses filed a complaint, and the statements documented.
The State has expectations that are legal and binding, when it comes to documented cases of suspected criminal activity. The C.O. does NOT have the lattitude to dismiss at his discretion. He does however have the lattitude to recommend that the matter was not criminal in intent, and provide for resolution without criminal charges...I.E. stick his neck out for a couple of kids, and likely have to deal with some backlash from those who filed the complaint expecting blood.

A written warning is simply a formal "Don't do that", that is documented along with the original complaint and statements.
Which can be darn handy in the future if the Harrassment from the jerks that filed the complaint, happens again, or escalates.

My money is on the C.O. recognizing the complaintants self identifying, as miserable defectives, that need some extra attention should the situation arise.
This sorta crap starts up near Pot harvest time, and early deer season every year.

I'm thinking the C.O. figured things out and didn't see the need to screw over a couple of good kids, doing the right thing, that just happens to be illegal due to a quirk in the game laws, and it's good to hear.

Not all Fish cops are jerks, and not all kids are bad.
(Though I gotta admit to getting pinched regularly as a kid, by a good fish cop)

Edited by Dingeryote 10/8/2012 03:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)