AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Free lunch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FlyLow
Posted 10/7/2012 20:25 (#2629021 - in reply to #2628772)
Subject: It would appear...

South Texas

...government programs for the poor have maintained their success/failure rate over the past 170 years.

Another odd thing I noted in the threads in this discussion--no clear distinction made between aid freely provided by individuals and aid provided by funds confiscated forcibly from individuals.  As I see it, this makes all the difference.

The discussion should NOT be whether or not helping the poor is a good idea.  It clearly is, as various bible quotes will establish, at least for Christians.  The discussion should be whether it's effective and right for the government to confiscate private property (your money) and then distribute it to those it chooses, whether or not you agree.

I suggest that for centuries Americans have been the most generous and caring people on the face of the earth.  We still contribute billions each year in money and more in volunteered time to churches and charities.  May I suggest individuals are far more efficient and caring in dispensing their treasure than a faceless bureaucracy?  For every Scrooge, there are ten good, honest people willing to help when it's needed.

Just my opinion.  Stetts

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)