AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cfx 750 vs agleader paradyme?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 10/5/2012 11:41 (#2624947 - in reply to #2624682)
Subject: RE: cfx 750 vs agleader paradyme?

East Central Ia
Yes... 180's are fun and very economical. My dealer was very frustrated with Trimble for their lack of support. We were trying to replace a raven 440 controlling a Houle manure tank. We could not get it to work. It would not read the gallons correctly, it would not control it correctly, sometimes it we could manually control it other times we couldn't. We had it set to not shut the knife valve everytime the master was turned on and off and it would still close it every time no matter what settings we had. We could not figure out how to show acres per load... only acres for a total field (the fmx also does this in the combine).

It randomly shutoff going across the field once. Not a big deal if it was a rare occurrence, but we were trying to run off a known amount and see what the monitor read for gallons while trying to get our meter cal set. This basically screwed us and we had to go back and reload the tank to a known amount and try it again... then it decided it was not going to count acres or gallons at all that load and we had to do it all over for the third time.

By this point I had to hide the hammers so my brother wouldn't go ballistic on it, so I unhooked it and had the Insight working perfectly in less than an hour. The 750 is still steering the tractor but it already has a new home after fall.

Sometimes you push a button highlighting a choice in the middle of the screen to accept and move to the next screen, sometimes you highlight it and then click the check mark on the bottom right, sometimes the red cancel button is in the bottom left, sometimes its in the bottom right beside the green check mark button...

Scrolling through a list you would hit the wrong thing about 50% of the time and it would select something you did not want...

The list goes on and on.

It does a nice job of steering the tractor though!

We thought we would give up a little bit on the rate control and data side going to Trimble, but we would have great steering and access to the RTX signal. The minuses WAY overpowered the pluses... so its back to Ag Leader and figuring out what to do for RTK.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention the software glitch were the FMX didn't record my yield maps. They came out with a quick fix for this and got it to record, but didn't fix several other issues that the release notes said it would. How do you have a yield monitor that does't record yeild? Honestly, how does that even get released? Someone lose their job on that one?

Edited by bleedred 10/5/2012 11:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)