AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OH DAD GUMMIT !!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Alberta Farmer
Posted 9/28/2012 01:46 (#2612605 - in reply to #2607565)
Subject: Re: OH DAD GUMMIT !!!!

West Central Alberta Coldest, wettest edge
I've had to load a hay truck(53 foot highboy with racks) who insists on loading the bales just like that. it is a pain, but no trouble like what those guys are having. It actually works really well if loading out of a stack of bales mushroom style. I suppose bale forks work much better than a spear for that job too. I've also loaded bales on highboys with NO racks. try double stacking 5 foot wide bales 2 wide and 2 wide on top with no rack to support them, you almost have to defy the laws of physics. Or another trucker who insists on hauling pipe style on a set of B trains, only problem, half of his racks are broken or missing. It is fun to balance 2 six foot round bales on an 8 foot deck, then set one on top without the bottom ones rolling out.

Regarding the open doors, I worked for a farmer in high school, on my first day he was trying to drag a dead cow out of some trees, with the tractor door open. He tore the door off on a tree, I got in heck, and told never to run with the doors open. To this day, I don't.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)