AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

vermeer round balers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Toepincher
Posted 9/21/2012 08:53 (#2602069 - in reply to #2601444)
Subject: Re: vermeer round balers

North Dakota
We bale some pretty rough ground and rocky. If the designers would see the way we treat that baler some times they'd cry. We bale our alfalfa at night and some times we done get much time till it gets to tough so it's balls to the walls and it holds together. When we were wet last year and behind we had to push things to get done and one night my father in law said I done think there was a time when both tires were on the ground when you came by. Also don't ask me how but we've unrolled bales and had rocks the size of a basket ball come out. I wouldnt recommend it for a rock picker and had i saw that rock go in I would have messed myself. Also the neighbors with red and green balers seem to have problems bending the pick ups. The bands on the super J are strong and we have never had to change one. We go through it every year and replace chains and laecings and have only had to replace a few bearings. It's one of the few pieces of equiptment on our farm that's not green. We just got a Super M so we'll see if the new stuff is as tough as the old.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)