AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just for fun career question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 9/20/2012 10:13 (#2600583 - in reply to #2599873)
Subject: Re: Just for fun career question

Martinsville, Ohio
Oh yes, it hits me, then I come to my senses and see exactly why I did what I did. Agricultural Education was a natural fit for me from my genetics and my background and teaching became a meaningful way of life for me.

I wanted to be a scientist and I wanted to be a farmer. Ag Ed was a good split down the middle. I always said that the lack of higher math skills kept the scientist part subdued, today I would love to be a corn breeder! What a challenging and promising future that would be! I love to study the role of genetics in what we are.

Soil science always intriguied me as I like history too but like chemistry and biology. Biology was my best subject but thankfully I learned to read and write and learned touch typing in high school.

I love ag engineering but am too impatient to be a good mechanic. I admire good mechanics greatly, they keep the world rolling!

The right teacher, the right ag teacher is a huge influence on a young persons future and I take that very seriously!

"I got my start in 4-H" is appropriate for me but high school agricultural education shaped and formed and changed my life for good and forever!

Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)