AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom rates/small sq bales/Continuing saga of why did I trust my neighbor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 9/17/2012 09:55 (#2595453)
Subject: Custom rates/small sq bales/Continuing saga of why did I trust my neighbor

For those who followed my earlier rant the 1st part of September, the neighbor calls last night to settle up. He knew darn well he was trying to screw me, cause he came with pages of notes. He is absolutely anal about records. Anyway it occurred to me that the 4 acre corn field I have cost him nothing, zero-it's his father in laws. I offered to pay $100 acre rent which is at least 420 above the going rate, especially for such a small parcel. Of course he refused. His crying now is you know I needed hay. He turned down the first crop because it was too coarse for his goats and horses. So he believes that an additional 337 bales of better quality 1st crop should be his for free " because I knew he would need additional hay". Apparently he picked up on a comment my husband must have made a few years ago about renting standing hay to a different neighbor for $150 acre. None of this guys' damn business what the other neighbor paid plus that was 3 or 4 years ago. Of course now he is really mad because I haven't backed down on price. He picks up on everything someone says or what he hears, and he is really upset because he knows I sold a couple semi-loads of round bales at $40/bale. I feel that is none of his business what I sold other hay for. My son is back home and we are taking back 66 bales of new seeding. I am more than willing to just go haul the hay back home. But I need to know what the cost is for baling. I'm thinking in the .75-$1.00 bale range. He wants $2.00 bale (of course, screw me another time) Any ideas on costs for cutting, raking & baling? He cuts & rakes at the speed of a turtle, but i don't feel that is my problem.

Thanks for any advice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)