AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting old is not going to be fun is it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 9/11/2012 08:45 (#2585679 - in reply to #2584598)
Subject: RE: Getting old is not going to be fun is it?

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

I grew up living a mile from my maternal grandparents, and we farmed with them.  They had (and still have) a huge impact on me.  We visited my paternal grandparents in OK for two weeks every summer and some Christmases, and nobody can match those special times in my mind.  I had one great-grandmother who I spent a good bit of time with until she passed when I was almost 11 years old, and another great-grandmother in East Texas who lived to become my sons' great-great grandmother, though I only was around her a few times in my life.

Fast-forward to today, and I'm incredibly spoiled and I know it and embrace it!!  All four of our grandchildren (9, 6, 3, and 5 1/2 mos) live within a mile of our house.  One of the reasons I stopped working away from home was so that I could do what the little ones needed at the drop of a hat, and be available for them as much as I could.  I hope they all grow up with good memories..... the kinds of memories that I have of both my sets of grandparents...... of spending time at Grannie and Papa's.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)