AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can't get a flat faced skidloader coupler to hook up!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pudding
Posted 9/11/2012 04:07 (#2585465 - in reply to #2584046)
Subject: Re: Can't get a flat faced skidloader coupler to hook up!

Somewhereville, Earth
love these responeses using pioneer couplers, not my choice, flat face is designed to handle higher pulse levels from industrial attachments, suppose to be be cleaner, and just so happen to connect under pressure better

you could have residual pressure in the lines, you could have a coupler that has a oval collar, from impact damage or enthusiastic use of pipe wrenches and hammers lol. after reading your later post, maybe the race on the male that the ball bearings sit in has a worn raise edge on it? you should be able to feel it, might be a little to much for that new couple

there is many sized of flat face couplers and people here say that some are different to others, but as you will find if you go to a good hyd shops, couplers are sold on the port size in the back of it, and flow it can handle, its a little weird, but its not the worlds biggest mystery, actually some are so close you can push them together, and they won't connect

my personal fav if you are not a flat face coupler fan, and have residual line pressure issues is actually rock breaker couplers, i have used these on 3rd service on loader tractors before, it allows you to use a spanner (wrench for you yanks) to pull them together on the thread. they handle pulse well, and are generally pretty durable. once again a good hyd shop should be able to help you with those

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)