AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greece done?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 9/4/2012 17:52 (#2574904 - in reply to #2574850)
Subject: Re: Greece done?

JohnDeereGreenWKY - 9/4/2012 17:02

I get so sick and tired of listening to Hannity and Limbaugh saying that the rich pay all the taxes and the bottom 90% pay nothing. That is an outry lie.  

I get sick and tired of people lying about what Hannity and Limbaugh say. 47% of people don't pay and federal income taxes, 86% of ALL federal income taxes are paid by top 25% of earners. Those are the facts, you may not like them, but I've NEVER heard Limbaugh claim that 90% of people don't pay taxes. So you're the liar here.

I'd also like to know how your calculator works, apparently you don't understand the progressive income tax rates. Maybe you need to try this site:
http://us.thetaxcalculator.net/

Your $25K earner
Total Tax $ 1,852.50
Social Security $ 1,412.50

The $50,000,000 earner
Total Tax $ 17,473,348.50
Social Security $ 729,624.20

Maybe we should try and plug in a realistic number that some can relate too:

A $125,000 earner
Total Tax $ 25,730.50
Social Security $ 6,436.70

Now do you think that someone that earns $125,000 from a small business doesn't mind writing a check for $32,000? Would they like to have that money? Or do you think that they've got so much more they won't even notice? And this is only federal taxes, now you might have to add on a few more thousand in state income taxes, property tax, real estate tax, vehicle registrations, sales taxes, fuel taxes, and various other taxes they add onto utility bills. And after ALL of those, if you still have a little something left when you die, they want half of that too.

I don't care how much somebody makes, if someone has to write a $9,500,000 check for taxes...they didn't buy anything...the money is just gone, their hand shakes a little. I wrote the single biggest check I've ever written in my life paying my taxes last year, that includes all of my equipment purchases. I get a little sick and darn tired of people who have a $1300 tax bill complaining to me about it, they don't have any idea how frustrating it is to work that hard for the money only to give 30% of it away. I don't think there is any reason AT ALL that ANYBODY should have to pay over 15% of their income in taxes. And government has to get by on what I'm willing to give.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)