AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what corn to chop / what corn to combine, how do you decide?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 9/3/2012 17:50 (#2573061 - in reply to #2572922)
Subject: Yes, we are very blessed compared to many this year

Manitoba
regarding the crop we have. It's not going to be great but still hoping for average, I realize that's a lot more than a lot of guys this year. We were real dry but historically it's the wet years that destroy us here, not the dry. We have such heavy soils and flat land, any water has to evaporate to leave, it's not going to go away downward with the endless clay we have. I usually say I need only 2 rain events in a year to be ok. One to get the seed out of the ground and one more 1/2 way to harvest. (as long as one of them is not 6" + in only a few hours. ) If I get a timely 3rd were looking really good. This year we got 2 and we'll be ok.

We were buying grain in since early spring until about a month ago when barley came off. Between the grain buying and the prices of distillers / soymeal we are very thankfull to take the grain buying out of the equation.

I was just wanting to run the question by some of you, just because we have always done something a certain way does not mean it is always the right way and I've learned a lot from others on this site.

thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)