AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can demand really be destructed, or simply moved?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 8/22/2012 10:32 (#2552590 - in reply to #2551348)
Subject: RE: Can demand really be destructed, or simply moved?

Pittsburg, Kansas

Good thoughts and interesting discussion.

We were in the poultry business several years back and I know at that time our powers that be were doing everything they could in the way of regulations to drive the industry south of the border (or at least elsewhere). Had the drug lords not take over Mexico and made it kind of a dangerous place to do business, I imagine all the poultry production would already have been moved to there by now or at least on their way.

Seems like there is never "enough" regulation of an industry. We always need just a few more regulations every year. The more bureaucrats we have, the more they need to think up regulations to implement to keep themselves in a job. Got to stay busy so they are "needed".

I do believe that meat demand will continue to grow. Once lower income people get a taste of meat in their diet, it will be a hard genie to put back in the bottle. People get a little taste of a better life they soon come to expect it. So unless China goes completely nuclear as in having a civil war or something catastrophic, I expect demand to grow there for the rest of my lifetime at least.

John

Edited by John Burns 8/22/2012 10:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)