AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7.3 powerstroke won't start
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Champ
Posted 8/19/2012 17:37 (#2547741 - in reply to #2547525)
Subject: RE: 7.3 powerstroke won't start

I may be wrong but on a newer model I do know there is a solinoid(relay) for AIR heater and one for glow plugs in head. Be sure to test glow plug relay or (solinoid) one not air heater in intake if its like my 2000 yr. If like mine the air heater will never be activated unless idling in very bitter cold winter only . Now the glow plug relay is activated for near all starts and runs awhile after it starts by module. I'd see if relay is gunk internally as its a very high current item that does not last that long. Is there 2 relays in your unit ? You could if careful short across the 2 big lugs only and allow high current to flow to gp's and see if it fires up then. I have replaced many relays as internal contactors arc out and not enough current or no current flows to gp's . Be careful probing small wires as if like mine the module controls ground to relay to activate and may not like that.Many other things could be issue , like burnt out gp's in head. Injector o rings failed and oil lost that drives injectors (HUEI) . I read 96 used a cam driven fuel lift pump ,is it ok ,is there fuel in oil? Just ideas.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)