AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kscropguy
Posted 8/5/2012 11:53 (#2523091)
Subject: Soybeans

Central Kansas
I was wondering how many guys in the corn belt have been looking to see if their beans have pods. Somehow most of my beans are still green but when you roll back the canopy basically there are no pods or maybe one or two and they are not filled out. Here in central Kansas we can utilize rain on longer season beans up to around the 15th to the 20th of August but we have some beans in the area being hayed at this point. I guess I don't hold much hope for any yield at this point and kind of hope it doesn't rain now as it would sure save alot of wear and tear on my combine if I didn't have to run it through 3-5 bu beans.

Just curious what how things look other places.

For a corn update here we have had variable yields. Some corn has gone in the 70's and then some fields in the 30's(not even a half mile apart planted same day same hybrid). I still have a little bottom ground to cut and expect it to make maybe around 80 and one Monsatan's(some others name but I actually like Dekalb) drought plots which looks really interesting walking through it though no yield expectations without cutting it at this point.

Hope all are safe and finding a way to enjoy time with family and friends even under the weather circumstances.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)