AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flexstar burn increasing yield?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

M
Posted 6/11/2006 10:21 (#18660 - in reply to #18654)
Subject: RE: Flexstar burn increasing yield?

Curious as to which variety of conventional you are using and what RR varieties you have tried to compete with it. Maybe I can help.
As far as burning beans and setting them back early in the season I haven't seen any yield decreases published. Hitting them later in the R stages though I think would be decreasing the yield potential. The weather could be more of a factor as dry stressed beans would ineffect double or triple the stress of chemical injury.
Reminds me of a field years back of conventional beans that got hailed on in the early stages right after spraying in cool weather the week before. those beans never came out of the stress conditions. The RR beans the farmer had on another hailed field did 25 bushels more an acre . The difference was the lack of stress from RUP spraying compared to the burn type chems in cold weather. Granted he should have never sprayed in the cold weather. But that field made me a believer in RR beans.
I have clients still using conventional products. My experiences tell me there is not much yield difference anymore between the 2. The few plots I do have have shown little difference. It comes down to chem costs. If they have clean fields or can control the weeds they are doing ok.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)