AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Burdick
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Burdick
Posted 7/23/2012 22:25 (#2502477 - in reply to #2501453)
Subject: RE: Burdick

sullivan il.
Have to many calves started an extra group of 80 this march because I thought i had an extra barn rented well the deal fell trhough now I have calves on top of calves trying to find a place for them I start 180 every 8 weeks 5 times a yeqr feed out 4 groups and sell one group as feeders long story short I now have the original 180 plus the extra 80 that i would have sold as feeders only have enough corn and gluten contracted for the original 720 i would feed if i dont sell them i will move them forward and not take my november calves. I usually have the worst luck at buying inputs just happen to get very lucky i guess this year. It can definately go the other way remember august of 1991 we were in a drought nothing like this year bought corn on friday and that next sunday russia after 80 years of communism decides they dont want to be communists any more and throw gorbachof out of power and corn was down the limit the next 3 days. I feed holsteins and will continue to feed them takes a long time to finish them thats why i am always contracted way out in the future. thats why I cant afford to play the market when the margins are there i lock the inputs and cattle both in usually never hit the low on inputs or the high in the cattle but can sleep at night and keep the banker of my back. Thanks for your concern however and I still do have the calves if you know of anyone that is looking for some they are more like 425lb now though
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)