AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MF 3545 mfwd question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

lincmercguy
Posted 8/3/2012 10:46 (#2520132 - in reply to #2519721)
Subject: Re: MF 3545 mfwd question

CO, NE
I think my neighbor lost his arm in a baler, but it's one of those things you don't ask about.

That transmission is actually fairly simple. The 1-4 range is just a syncro'd 4-speed transmission. At the back of the transmission is a 2 speed for your high/low range on the shifter. The reverse gear is done there as well. Then the powershift button is a planetary/clutch system at the front of the transmission. When "on", hyd pressure pushes the ring gear clutch loose and engages the center clutch, giving a 1:1 throughput. When off, the ring gear engages via springs and you get a reduction via the planetary. Interesting item though, 4 high is faster than 5 low.

Who knows on the diff lock. Maybe the guy used it, figured out he couldn't turn very well, and thought it was a problem. With the FWA, if I have an implement stuck, I probably wouldn't have enough HP to pull it through the mud anyway.

I think you'll find that the 3545 is a fuel sipper too. We use ours with a 20' disk, 16' chisel, 20' sweeps, 30' rodweeder, 30' hoe drills and a 40' sprayer.

Does the 3-point work on yours? That whole "computer" system ours has is a mess, so we don't use the 3-point. I wish it had a mechanical one instead, I'd like to find a 4-5 bottom plow for it and most are semi-mounted. I'm also looking to go to a 20' no-till drill someday.

How do you like your 4880? I'd like to get a second bigger tractor someday. Green has the best parts availability around here, but has a heavy price premium on the used market.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)