AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It'll be over soon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

arcticcatfarmer
Posted 7/13/2012 21:47 (#2483705 - in reply to #2482821)
Subject: RE: It'll be over soon

Tip of the Thumb of Michigan

Thumb of Michigan is starting to get pretty dry.  Corn is trying to tassel, but slowly.  Another week and we will be going down hill fast here too.  We had some terrific potential here the last week of June, but it's just about getting scary.  If we would have had rain we would have tasseled 2-3 weeks early and been looking at a nice dry harvest.  Now I'm afraid it will be dry for another reason.   It's been since 2001 since we've had a really tough year, so I'm so thankful for everyone of those good to great years since.  We will just keep praying.  I will say this is the scariest senario that I've seen in my 25 year career.  Usually the crop is going, but struggling and taking a beating and you know it will be bad, but there will be something.  I've never been worried that there could be nothing.  I was too young know how the tuff times were for Dad back in the late 70's and 80's, but I remember alot of the early 90's where tuff here too.  We used to say 2 good years out of 3 was ok.  I hope that doesn't happen again anytime soon.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)