AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To blu, pr trading
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 7/12/2012 12:51 (#2481180 - in reply to #2481060)
Subject: RE: To blu, pr trading

central - east central Minnesota -

My 2¢ -
Keep in mind - there are many, many books on "Marketing" that really having nothing to do with Marketing and more to do with seperating a person's money from them. Most commodity books deal with "speculating".
Marketing what you grow is entirelly different them speculating and different then buying if you are a merchindiser or end user . . . . 
There are NO books any where, that know what the market is going to do or how to make a quick buck  (or a buck in general).
I find it funny how many commodity books always look back, at what the market did, for examples ~ makeing it seem elementry. Hind sight is always 20/20 . . . .  .
Working with a couple good elevators, to start with, is about the best approch to Marketing a growers crop.
There are several very good University publications to help farmers Market their grain, for free.
I can't locate the link right now, but, if I recall, Ohio state or Iowa state, has a very good one.
If you want to get into speculating, the elevator likely can help with that also . . . . .
Lot's of basic to indepth questions can be answered on this forum also.
Proceed carefully and good luck.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)