AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIS and Price Perceptions...on corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 7/10/2012 14:30 (#2477621 - in reply to #2477597)
Subject: Re: CIS and Price Perceptions...on corn

Eastern, IN
Mr. Corn - 7/10/2012 14:16

Still have them... Selling 10 % of my corn calls every day, this is the fourth day.... After I sell the corn calls I will start the bean calls. I think beans have much more upside potential than corn because demand destruction will be much harder. Balance sheets have no room at all for lower yields of beans...
However if a sudden change in weather occurs the beans around here could benefit, while I doubt it would make a big difference in the corn. July fourth I started watering some corn next to my house... I have put six inches of water on it and can see very little difference in the looks of the corn... I'm sure it will fill out better but u just can't tell looking at it where it was watered and where it wasn't... Indy has had .09 inches since the first of June and it was dry before that... I can drive my suburban down the road and see over most of the corn crop around here.... Good corn is six feet tall and the bad is three feet tall... Poor ground is a zero... Good ground probably half a crop... Nothing like this since 88

2 weeks ago Muncie IN got 2" of rain. I drove all over the Muncie area last weekend and they are far worst off then we are. Exactly what you just said....poor water on it and NOTHING changed. All of our corn has pollinated well (currently 1" tip-back). Our problem is we are going backwards quick. The 1" will turn into 2-3" tip-back and the kernels will be pop-corn at best. This is why they started the phase...chit happens.

Edited by 2388 7/10/2012 14:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)