AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marketing book
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tim4870
Posted 7/9/2012 23:38 (#2476648 - in reply to #2476309)
Subject: Re: Marketing book

Southern MN
First and only book I read on Grain Marketing was Ed Usset's "Grain Marketing is Simple, its just not easy" book. http://edsworld.wordpress.com/grain-marketing-is-simple Cost is about $30, but the U of M library has a copy which you can check out from any library in the state through the inter-library system. My wife checked it out for me, I don't have a library card.

The book does a good job of analyzing different marketing plans and comparing them, but it was written prior to 2008 so it doesn't include the crazy markets since then. It would be interesting to see Ed update the book with more recent data. Overall its an easy read and good for someone new to marketing grain or someone who has only ever done cash sales because thats the way they've always have done it.

The book is mostly focused on cash, futures fixed (HTAs), and basis fixed marketing plans. It does not covered puts and calls very well, if at all, I can't really remember. I'm still lacking in understanding puts/calls, shorts/longs, well enough to speak or act on them. I too would like to hear what others have to recommend for good marketing books.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)