AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is there a trade here????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 7/8/2012 23:29 (#2474720)
Subject: Is there a trade here????

NCND
What percent of deeres business is in insurance? I didn't read thread the other day about insurers going broke maybe it was covered in there. Question is will their insurance be a big enogh part of their business to affect the rest of earnings? Say we get a fall price north of 7 bucks would deere take a pretty big hit? Couple that with nervous farmers in dry dirt do they make equipment purchases for next year?

I have found some of the topics asking if land prices will be affected by drought ect. My reply is its the cornbelt it will start to rain again someday just like it will eventually get dry again in ND. In the meantime there has got to be a hot derivative trade here as the crop cooks and the pundits and probably this week the rest of the world stares at it where do us guys who look to the next thing before the old thing is through go? Where is John Paulson and Paulo Pelligrini buying? That is my question.

BTW the rain that fell in ND this week for the most part missed the key corn producing areas. Look for our numbers to drop tomorrow so the garden spot is becoming a bit less gardeny if there is even such a word.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)