AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does this Irrigation pump and diesel engine match?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 7/8/2012 10:47 (#2473167 - in reply to #2473024)
Subject: Re: Does this Irrigation pump and diesel engine match?

Faunsdale, AL
The ??DH 225 is probably Total Dynamic Head 225'

Divide 225 by 2.31 and you have roughly a 100 psi pump at rated rpm and flow. Now your gun isn't going to flow 750 gpm, so the pressure will be somewhat higher at a lower flow, but not sure how much higher. You either need a pump curve for your pump or you can just hook it up and pump.

If it doesn't perform satisfactorily, you may be able to fix it with a set of sheaves and belts to get the rpm right. What rpm to shoot for is going to be a guess without some information about hp of engine at various rpms, hp of pump at various pressures and flow rates If your engine has significantly more hp than the pump requires, you may be able to use the rated rpm of both engine and pump to get your pulley ratio as well as select how many and what size belts it will take to deliver that hp long term with good reliability. For example, we have a Houle manure pump that I believe requires 175 hp and the smallest sheave on it is about 8 inches in diameter and there are about 6 B width belts on it. I also have a Gorman Rupp 80 series self priming pump I am running with belts and my smaller pulley there is again about 8" diameter and I'm running 3 B belts with no problems. This pump requires a lot less hp than the Houle, probably on the order of 75 hp maximum. There are formulas to calculate the belts and sheaves required for a certain hp or torque and rpm combination.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)