AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Holland TR98 the good,bad?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

9520Deere
Posted 7/4/2012 11:44 (#2466002 - in reply to #2465935)
Subject: Re: New Holland TR98 the good,bad?

Alberta Canada
Decent capacity for price. Can usually buy one for 1/2 price of a 2388 with similar hours. Have been told they are pretty much the same in capacity of a 2388 and 2588. They do a nice job in wheat, I think a cleaner sample than a JD conventional or 2388. In canola you wont find a cleaner sample than off a twin rotor. The down side is there are alot of moving parts compared to a Case rotary. I am leaning to Case for my next combine because there are not many NHs around here so resale is like a Lexion, awesome if your buying used but sucks if your trying to sell your used.

If your doing alot of wheat make sure you check the H frame that holds the concaves against the rotors, 80% of them have been bent by a big slug or crop or rocks. With it bent you end up with lots of whitecaps in your sample and they are hard to get out. If your baling the straw you will have less than off your 7720. The TRs like to chew it up. Never have had a problem with the straw chopper on mine. Does a real nice job spreading it all back. Have a chaff spreader as well. If your straight cutting a 25ft draper is a nice size but have seen 30fts on a few, depends on the yeilds.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)