AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto Swath for yield mapping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/11/2007 08:05 (#217713 - in reply to #217688)
Subject: RE: Auto Swath for yield mapping...planting?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
No, the fact that it was planted with AutoSwath is not a factor. I use Autoswath on the sprayer and combine but not on the planter since I do not use the Tru-Count system.

The system "looks" at its current map and much like in a sprayer system adjusts the swath according to where you are now driving compared to what has been harvested.

Since many combine situations use a "low end" GPS which is very acceptable for harvesting, they don't have the accuracy to exactly guess the swath width being taken as well as a "high end" unit might. The Insight allows you to tell it the "level" of GPS you are using to try to make the swath width work out the best it can.

Since I'm using a lower end GPS in the combine my autoswath is not always perfect. For example when I'm harvesting with an 8-30" corn head and taking only four rows, the sysem sometimes only cuts the swath back to 6 rows. If I had one of my "higher end" GPS's in the combine I suspect the autoswath automatic width adjustment feature would work more accurately.

The AutoSwath feature does need to be unlocked. This is a one time fee for each Insight. Once a particular Insight is unlocked for Autoswath it could be used for spraying, planting, harvesting or any other situation.

This unlock is not be confused with the Mult-product and Autopilot unlocks. These are other unlocks which are independent of the Autoswath unlock. A particular Insight can have none, any or all of the unlocks activated. In my personal case, I need all three unlocked to handle steering on one tractor, multi-product on the planter and sprayer and autoswath (mainly for the sprayer but used on the combine also).

Edited by tedbear 10/11/2007 08:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)