AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid vs Granular Hay Preservative
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rank
Posted 7/3/2012 23:49 (#2465365 - in reply to #2465327)
Subject: Re: Liquid vs Granular Hay Preservative

SEON
JoshA - 7/3/2012 23:31

rank - 7/3/2012 19:55
We usually wind up with quite a bit of caramelized hay every year, but we never get complaints about mold or dust.

That's the same for me, using the silo-guard / hay-guard, when I push the limits of it (in the 20s) I see caramelizing in the centers, but so far no mold/dust.

So far my plan is to only use the granular on the round, still use the liquid on the big square, the cost is quite a bit lower, just wasn't sure about its effectiveness?

Why the fancy tablet? Couldn't a typical iPad style unit work just the same?

I was really, really skeptical about the powder being able to do the job. So much so, we kept out liquid units on the machines. Results speak for themselves though...70 loads, 3 different operators and not a single caremelzed bale that I could find.....and I probed ALOT of bales. I wanted to find a problem because they installed them for free, said we could use them all summer and if we didn`t like the granular they would come and take them off. In the end, we ponied up $3,500 per baler x 3 balers and we kept them.

Regarding the tablet, I don`t know why Silo King chose it. I had no say in the matter...the guy just showed up, installed it, and showed me how to run it. Again, I was cynical at the beginning because I didn`t think any controller/monitor could be worth $6,500. I have to admit it seems to work pretty well......and if you need a laptop anyway, well this tablet just pops off it's Ram mount and know you have a laptop.

I have nothing bad to say except the price. And even that I can't complain about because they gave it to us at half price because we bought 3 of those cheap $3500 applicators and 3 skids of powder.

Edited by rank 7/3/2012 23:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)