AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machine Shed location help needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 7/2/2012 18:45 (#2462769 - in reply to #2461403)
Subject: Re: Machine Shed location help needed

Brazilton KS
If you aren't going to attach to the old shop, then go build where it should be. I don't see much point in having two shops...theoretically we could still work in our old shop, we could still work in the quonset, we could work in the machine shed....but we work in the shop, or near the shop. Theoretically I could work in the shop at my house...but I just came back from taking the car to the shop to change the oil. Not much fun working in my shop with nothing when I am used to working in the real shop with everything.

Another thing...build far enough away that you can have stuff two deep by every door and still get around. During spring rush it's not that uncommon to have the shop full and stuff by every door with someone doing something to it. We built it out by itself, and it already feels like some of the neighbors places where everything is in the way. 150' used to be a lot of clearance....when you start working on modern sized sprayers and field cultivators and planters, that's barely minimum spacing.

The shop is going to be the center of the business. Don't put it where there will be unimportant stuff getting in the way of the work going on there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)