AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

alaska cuise
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MN Dave 2
Posted 7/1/2012 18:53 (#2460864 - in reply to #2457875)
Subject: Re: alaska cuise

Wife & I got on a 7 day Princess cruise last July 31st in Vancouver. One thing to consider is to book your airline flights through Princess... if your plane is late, they will hold ship for you as long as you are booked through them, otherwise, you pay your won way to the next port/stop. One less thing for us to worry about. The late plane happened to us and 4 other couples, connecting flights were late getting to Vancouver, princess provided private limos from airport to ship, QUICKLY through customs and on to ship. I kind of liked starting out in Vancouver and ending up in Seward, scenery started out great and got better the farther north we got. We did side trips in Ketchican, Skagway, and Juneau... again trips booked through Princess, same deal, ship will wait for you if side trips were booked through them. My wife checked prices of non-princess booked side trips and there wasn't much $$ difference. We spent a night in Anchorage and then day long rail trip to Denalli, 2 nights in Denalli, (mountain was fogged in except for a 15 second outline glimpse of it) and then bus ride to Fairbanks for a couple of more days. We attended a regional fair in Fairbanks for a afternoon....about Aug 12th... very interesting.... we don't see that kind of variety of ear muffs sold at our local fairs in the summer time....

It was a trip of a lifetime... incredible glaciers, whale watching, incredible sights. Some friends had recommended we up-grade to a balcony on board, money well spent. We were impressed with Princess and the well organized way things were run. This was the only cruise we've ever taken, so have no other cruises to compare them to. With almost 2000 passengers on board, we never had to wait in long lines to do anything.

One wow moment for me was while we were on a side trip, our tour bus stopped in front of a "junk" shop.... small sign said "free gun museum" .... I was expecting a couple of Ruger 10-22s and shotgun, but it still would be better than a "junk" shop... first gun I saw was a original Colt Gatling gun... another Gatling gun in another corner, several Winchester Yellow boys, some engraved, a couple of Henrys, a $8000 Smith &Wesson Volcanic pistol hanging on a nail...several Spencers...some mighty nice revolving rifles... a 30 cal browning water cooled machine gun in a corner... all in a 30'X50' room... At least $1 million in guns...WOW
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)