AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machine control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Redman
Posted 10/9/2007 00:04 (#216577)
Subject: Machine control

SW Saskatchewan
Last year I bought a dual slope laser for work on building levees on flood irrigated meadow hay. Worked great as I could stake and record readings by myself being the rodman.

That's also the downside, the novelty soon wears off and as my next project is to landform some of these levees, I want to have the laser receiver operate my dirt scraper.

I could manually operate the scraper with an indicating remote reciever unit but when I use it to operate a plane, the constant corrections could be an overload. Thus I want a unit that would operate the scraper or planes blade depth.

I have a Case MX200 with the automatic function to allow a machine control to be plugged in. I also will be using outback gps to indicate my drive paths.

I want to start simple but have room to expand upwards. Laser seems to be the most effective level control but RTK has the distance advantage if a person were to do any long runs. DGPS would seem to be adequate if a system and the controller could communicate to do plotting of elevations and plan cuts and fills.

Right now my needs are simple, just a unit to recieve and control the blade- but next year I am quite certain I will want more.

OK, what do you suggest?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)