AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buster50, question for you, or anyone if they know.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Skipper
Posted 6/27/2012 00:11 (#2451927 - in reply to #2451092)
Subject: Re: Buster50, question for you, or anyone if they know.

I can tell you how to build calf muscle. Walk on your toe on that leg for about a year. ....seriously. I had my left leg in a cast for 7 weeks about 20 years ago. Doc ask if i was ready to look at a polio leg. I thought yea right I've been exercising but he was right. Told me that leg would never be as strong as the other. Well for what ever reason if I stepped on something or in a hole that pushed my toes up it would shoot a pain up my leg. So for about year I stiffened that leg every step so if I stepped wrong it wouldn't flex up. About a year later my wife was walking behind me one day and commented how the calf on the "bad " leg was LARGER than the "good" leg. Apparantly that forced therapy worked .

Also my break was at my knee. After completeing my therapy still had limited range of motion. Therapist said thats as good as I would get. About the year later had most all range back.

My point being the end of therapy is NOT the end of improvement IF you keep active. If I remember right I think buster has the same break/ hardware that I have on the same leg from the second...no make that the third incident , torn cartlidge first (and that doc said I would be looking at knee repacement in 10 years, that one was 30+ years ago and I've still got OEM knees). I'm still mobile 20+ years later-----water sking not as comfortble but age may have a lot to do with that .lol

point being stay positive and stay active. Good Luck Don
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)