AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for those with kids in public schools
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Smoothlander
Posted 6/21/2012 14:27 (#2441997 - in reply to #2441935)
Subject: RE: Question for those with kids in public schools

DaveMk - 6/21/2012 12:43

Mike Shimek - 6/21/2012 13:02

Since school has been out for a few weeks, here in Gainesville, I've noticed one thing. Traffic. It's nice now. When school is in session, it's horrible. Around the corner from where I work, there is an elementary school. It's a constant stream of parents dropping off kids and picking them up. Other schools around the city are the same.

Which begs the question. Why are all these parents chauffering their kids to school, when the Board of Education provides bus service? Is this a common thing throughout the country, or is it just happening here? This city is full of liberal tree hugging green people, yet they all seem to drive their kids to school in their gas guzzling SUV's. What a bunch of hypocrites.

When I was in elementary, and middle school, those that didn't walk or ride bicycles, rode the bus. A parent dropping off or picking kids up was a rare site, indeed. 

Maybe they have good reason to do this. I just can't figure out what it is.

Most driving SUV's are not liberal. Take your agenda somewhere else like the boiler room.

Read his post again. He is saying that he doesn't understand why even though his town is full of liberals there are many suv's being driven.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)