AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DNR Aerial Inspection
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

denny-o
Posted 6/21/2012 13:44 (#2441936 - in reply to #2441838)
Subject: Re: DNR Aerial Inspection

Michigan - Saginaw County
No one on here is disputing safety... And the owner did have it fenced for years until he began remodeling..

The issue is the pervasive invasion of officious little people who come onto your property and hand out orders with an "or else" penalty implied - especially orders that cost you money...
As anal as I am about safety I would have demanded that he show me the codified regulation or law that gives him that authority... ( my attitude is proof that I am not Canadian)

We are in a very rural area and live a quarter mile off the road, through the woods, and have a one acre pond as our front yard... When I was building the pond I had problems with neighbor kids from more than a half mile away and a mile away. sneaking back - running the bulldozer one night after sundown I damn near ran one down in the darkness as I came flying backwards off the spoils pile - this was the third time I caught him back there (he ran away but I knew who he was)
Being that I had spoken to the neighbors very politely before this about keeping their children off my property so they would not be injured I called for a sheriff and we went to the neighbors house - where, in front of the deputy, I proceeded to chew his butt about his failure to control his child and that I could not be responsible for keeping his child away from the machinery and the water and that I would sue him the next time he trespassed... That was in 1992 and they have never spoken to me since - I suspect the little sob had a hot bottom but he stayed away and is still alive...

A pool in a city or suburban area where there are children in the next house, etc. is a different story and requires a different approach...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)